Thank you, RavenclawSam, for this nomination. Apologies for the delay in answering; but better late than never. So let’s get going with the questions!
- Did you listen to the Hamilton soundtrack?
No, I didn’t.
2. If your answer to that question is Yes (or ‘OMG YES!’ preferably), which are your favourite songs (I know it’s impossible to choose just one), favourite character, favourite voice to listen to? Go on! Fangirl/ fanboy!!
If your answer to that question is No, what exactly are you even doing with your life?!
While that question started out rhetoric, now I’m curious. What’s happening? What’s new? What are you excited about in the short term? Tell me.
I’ve finished an internship and I have got a lot to work upon. I am excited about a research paper I now have to resume writing. It revolved around the lessons learnt in gender, education and equality from the Harry Potter novels. I also have to read quite a long list of books.
3. Do you have any tattoos? Would you like any (more)? Describe them.
If no, why not?
No, I do not have any. But if I ever do, it shall be the Deathly Hallows/ Always and Peace (the latter for sure).
4. If you were a Greek God (or Goddess) what would you be the God of?
I’d love to be the goddess of wisdom. I really like how Minerva is described as ‘goddess of poetry, wisdom, medicine, commerce, weaving, crafts and magic’.
5. Why do you think cats can’t fly?
Simply because they don’t need to. If the need ever arises, owing to adaptation, they may acquire the ability to fly. The possibility cannot be routed out completely. Then it could actually rain cats, if not dogs!
6. If you could hop into a time machine right now, where would you go, past or future? When and where, specifically, and why?
I want to go back to the past. The past, back to my junior college days, which were the best days of my life. But I wouldn’t want to stay there for long, heeding to Dumbledore’s wise advice: “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
The future- I am not in a hurry. As Hagrid said, “What’s coming will come and we’ll meet it when it does.”
7. Which is your favourite book cover? Why? (Of course attach a picture!)
I am in love with the latest jackets of the Harry Potter series. A dear friend gifted me Philosopher’s Stone and it was one of the most beautiful jackets I saw. It felt as though if I prodded them with a wand, they would definitely come bursting out of the page! But the best one in the series, according to me is this:
8. What is your comfort food?
I have completely lost taste, but chocolates are still my instant pick-me-up. A Dairy Milk is enough to ward off all Dementors.
9. Tell me a funny and/or cute story from your childhood. (You can and should ask your parents for help in this one!)
This may be embarrassing. My mom and I were on a long journey in a train. We were sharing a seat when my mom opened her eyes and sensed that I was no longer sleeping beside her. She panicked and saw all around, only to find me sleeping on the middle berth, holding another woman. Fortunately, that woman didn’t notice me. She quickly brought me down and I don’t remember if I was scolded or not. It was kind of creepy how I must have woken up in my sleep and hopped on to someone else’s berth, thinking she is my mother.
10. Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S. character are you?
(Take this Buzzfeed quiz and post a screenshot of your answer!)
It was quite sensible of you to provide the link. I got Gunther and I have a foreboding he might not be one of the best characters on the show, but never mind. Variety is the spice of life, isn’t it?
11. *Bonus question space!* What question do you wish I had asked you? Ask yourself it and then answer.
This is interesting. I wish you had asked me what I am reading currently. I am happy I’m rereading my Harry Potter books. I finished Prisoner of Azkaban today. Nothing makes me happier!
Merci beaucoup, au revoir!